View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
qualityracer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 176016
Vehicle:
2002 2.5rs impreza
dark blue

Default how do you make the strut's shaft not turning when tightening down the strut bolt?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1517413,
so I did the eibach as i said in the previous thread, I love the ride quality, however, it was a biarch to tighten the strut nut without have the shaft from turning. ( wrx eibach spring, wrx gr2, 2.5rs strut mounts)

is there any tricks in make it not turn when tightening down the strut nut?
I have done all four, from 10AM to 8PM, all 4, without little help from others while I was doing the very last one, I was SO SO SO exhausted.

Now, here is how I tightened the strut bolts, hand holding the shaft so it doesn't turn, and then turn the nut until the shaft starts to slip from my hand grip.

Is that right?

all strut are in, and my rear driver, is making loose noise, I am pretty sure it's either the 3 little nuts, or it is the strut nut not tightened enough. I was just way too exhausted to bother with them. but nice ride quality I like, even with the loose part. if that strut nut is loose, can I tightened it while it is still in the car? I am thinking < jack up car, hand reach the shaft, then turn from the inside.>
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
qualityracer is offline   Reply With Quote