first, I planned out where I wanted the gauges to be, then I measured it out so that both sides would be even. Next, I took a dremel to the factory bezel and went to town. I cut just enough so that the gauges would have proper support. Then comes the bondo. I used bondo to build up the outter sides to determine the degree that the gauges would be angled in towards me. After that, I used fiberglass strips to make the "cup" for the pods. Three layers later (I used three just to be on the safe side for structural support) I began to build up the inside of the bezel so that everything would be smooth. The rest is just hours upon hours of sanding, sanding, sanding and more sanding.
Just to let everyone know, this was my fist attempt at fiberglassing and bondo work and it took me three weeks to complete ( a few hours here and there about every day). So it is very time consuming.