View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 08:24 AM   #11
Austin
Scooby Guru

Member#: 7089
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally posted by AZScoobie
Something is going on. The chances of THREE turbos leaking out of the oil seal is just out of this world.
Remember that the VF29 didn't fill the intercooler and intake manifold with oil. I too have a very hard time believing that three turbos in a row could go... but the VF29 shaft moved end to end, so that's a pretty good indication to me that I pushed it too hard. Turbo shafts ain't supposed to wiggle.

Quote:
Originally posted by AZScoobie
I would check oil pressure. Check the cooling system for oil. Check the oil for gas or coolant ect.. A blockage in the drain line would do this and you where on the right track when you checked it. The only odd thing is that the stock turbo works perfect. Thats the trump card in this.
I have a Greddy oil pressure meter, and I've been seeing the exact same oil pressures in the last two weeks as I've seen in the last year. About 7 bar cold, 2 bar warm idle, 6-6.2 bar at anything over 2k rpm.

I've drained a gallon of coolant everytime I've changed a turbo - my coolant is not contaminated. If I was trying to be cheap I could re-use the drained coolant - it's that clean.

My oil had zero contaminants. I poured it through a strainer. I'm going to rip open the oil filter tonight and check the element... not that I expect to find anything.

My oil drain line drained every bit as fast as oil would flow into it. I don't see how it could be blocked, or not flowing enough.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Austin is offline   Reply With Quote