Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 10108
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
07 STI
60Trim spun rod bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllNastyImpreza View Post
got any pics ? the settup is quite affordable. BUT I think I will prolly end up just powdercoating my stock rails, and doing the series to parallel mod...
Yeah that's what I tried to do at first (the parallel mod). I decided to re-use as much of the stock line as possible. Problem is if you do not use equal length line, one bank ends up going lean and the other rich on any throttle angle change (if the throttle is steady like at idle without the AC on, it is not a problem). Your EGTs will spike and your coolant temps will just go up and up and up each time you push the throttle (as the fuel pressure changes due to our regulators). Now when you do use equal legth line with the parallel mod, it still is not exactly equal. Plus, the rubber lines under the manifold can easily get kinked (that is why I decided to use the stock lines). Its just a bad idea. If you don't want to run in series, you need rails IMHO as the stock rails are not the same on each side.

Here are pics of what I did that caused the issue I am having now (running the stock rails in parallel with unequal length line):

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gabedude is offline   Reply With Quote