10-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Schaumburg, IL
- Is there a Subaru user base available for this ECU? If so, where?
- An estimate of the ECU's pricing?
- Is the ECU programmable by laptop, handheld controller, or both?
- Does the ECU function in a "stand-alone" or "piggyback" fashion?
- Is the ECU delivered as a "kit", or a "plug and play" package? For what models?
Yes, kit. Vishnu Performance delivers the units as kits for nearly any available model Subaru. Price range $2000-2500.
- What datalogging capabilities does the ECU have?
Laptop hard drive only.
- Does the ECU have the ability to control boost pressure?
Yes, via. additional wastegate solenoid.
- Does the ECU allow for maps to be switched on the fly, and will it need to be "reset" before the map will take effect?
No, unit must be reset when new map is uploaded.
- Does the ECU have any sort of knock correction feedback?
- What type of correction factors (coolant temp, air temp, etc) does the ECU use?
Intake Air temp., Coolant Temp., Battery Voltage.
- What oxygen sensors does the ECU unit utilize?
- Will the ECU drive low or high impedance injectors? Both impedance types?
- Will the ECU drive an additional 4 injectors (8 injector staged setup)?
- What load references can the ECU use for tuning purposes?
- What resolution does the ECU offer in tuning (how many load points, RPM points, and what increments of adjustment)?
7 user-definable load points x 7 user-definable RPM points.
- Does the ECU have the ability to drive external hardware? If so, how many, and what type?
Yes, 1 output.
- Will the ECU run off of the stock crank position sensor? Or will one need to be fabricated?
No, one will need to be fabricated.
Last edited by 8Complex; 11-30-2002 at 03:59 AM.