10-14-2002, 12:26 AM
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Schaumburg, IL
16 WRX (white)
04 FXT (red)
Link Plus / Link 2
Link Plus/Link 2
- Is there a Subaru user base available for this ECU? If so, where?
Yes, spread among the i-Club.
- An estimate of the ECU's pricing?
- Is the ECU programmable by laptop, handheld controller, or both?
- Does the ECU function in a "stand-alone" or "piggyback" fashion?
- Is the ECU delivered as a "kit", or a "plug and play" package? For what models?
Yes. All 2.5RS's, and WRX models are supported through plug and play units from AMR.
- What datalogging capabilities does the ECU have?
To laptop hard drive or onboard memory.
- Does the ECU have the ability to control boost pressure?
- Does the ECU allow for maps to be switched on the fly, and will it need to be "reset" before the map will take effect?
Yes, it can be switched on the fly, without a reset.
- Does the ECU have any sort of knock correction feedback?
- What type of correction factors (coolant temp, air temp, etc) does the ECU use?
Coolant temp., Intake Air temp., Barometric Pressure
- What oxygen sensors does the ECU unit utilize?
- Will the ECU drive low or high impedance injectors? Both impedance types?
Both. High impedence injectors can be driven directly, but low impedence injectors need ballasts.
- Will the ECU drive an additional 4 injectors (8 injector staged setup)?
Unsure- can fire 8 injectors, looks like you could fire to fire 2 injector per cylinder, but not only have one kick in at a higher pressure. 2 additional drive can be configured to rpm or %ff
- What load references can the ECU use for tuning purposes?
MAP, TPS, and MAP+TPS
- What resolution does the ECU offer in tuning (how many load points, RPM points, and what increments of adjustment)?
20 0-10000RPM in 500 rpm increments
10 0-300kpa (29psi boost) in 30 kpa increments.
Linear interpolation between points.
Non adjustable unit scale
- Does the ECU have the ability to drive external hardware? If so, how many, and what type?
Yes, 2 additional devices.
- Will the ECU run off of the stock crank position sensor? Or will one need to be fabricated?
Runs off stock unit
Last edited by 8Complex; 10-23-2002 at 02:15 PM.