10-14-2002, 12:28 AM
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Schaumburg, IL
16 WRX (white)
04 FXT (red)
SDS EM-4 F
SDS EM-4 F
- Is there a Subaru user base available for this ECU? If so, where?
No, however they do have base maps for many vehicles available.
- An estimate of the ECU's pricing?
- Is the ECU programmable by laptop, handheld controller, or both?
- Does the ECU function in a "stand-alone" or "piggyback" fashion?
- Is the ECU delivered as a "kit", or a "plug and play" package? For what models?
- What datalogging capabilities does the ECU have?
This unit has no datalogging capabilities.
- Does the ECU have the ability to control boost pressure?
No, must use additional boost controller.
- Does the ECU allow for maps to be switched on the fly, and will it need to be "reset" before the map will take effect?
- Does the ECU have any sort of knock correction feedback?
- What type of correction factors (coolant temp, air temp, etc) does the ECU use?
Intake Air temp., Coolant temp.
- What oxygen sensors does the ECU unit utilize?
- Will the ECU drive low or high impedance injectors? Both impedance types?
Both, must specify at time of order. Low impedence injectors will need resistor packs to operate correctly (makes them function more sloppy then normally configured injectors).
- Will the ECU drive an additional 4 injectors (8 injector staged setup)?
- What load references can the ECU use for tuning purposes?
MAP only & TPS.
- What resolution does the ECU offer in tuning (how many load points, RPM points, and what increments of adjustment)?
Unknown load points x 36 RPM points (x 250 RPM up to 9,000 RPM)
- Does the ECU have the ability to drive external hardware? If so, how many, and what type?
Unit can't drive any external hardware.
- Will the ECU run off of the stock crank position sensor? Or will one need to be fabricated?
No, one will need to be fabricated.
Last edited by 8Complex; 11-18-2002 at 10:55 AM.