10-13-2002, 11:29 PM
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Schaumburg, IL
16 WRX (white)
04 FXT (red)
- Is there a Subaru user base available for this ECU? If so, where?
Yes, spread among the i-Club. Also www.wrxhackers.com
- An estimate of the ECU's pricing?
- Is the ECU programmable by laptop, handheld controller, or both?
Laptop or any device capable of connecting through a Terminal (TTY) program.
- Does the ECU function in a "stand-alone" or "piggyback" fashion?
Both. Stand-alone timing control, piggyback style fueling control.
- Is the ECU delivered as a "kit", or a "plug and play" package? For what models?
Yes, Plug and Play package only. Please check with TurboXS directly as to current model & years applicability.
- What datalogging capabilities does the ECU have?
Yes, output via. Terminal (TTY) program, no onboard logging memory.
- Does the ECU have the ability to control boost pressure?
- Does the ECU allow for maps to be switched on the fly, and will it need to be "reset" before the map will take effect?
Yes, via. to be released remote switch. No resetting necessary.
- Does the ECU have any sort of knock correction feedback?
- What type of correction factors (coolant temp, air temp, etc) does the ECU use?
Intake Air temp., Coolant temp.
- What oxygen sensors does the ECU unit utilize?
- Will the ECU drive low or high impedance injectors? Both impedance types?
Both, via. software update.
- Will the ECU drive an additional 4 injectors (8 injector staged setup)?
- What load references can the ECU use for tuning purposes?
MAP or TPS, currently only MAP (will be updated via. software update).
- What resolution does the ECU offer in tuning (how many load points, RPM points, and what increments of adjustment)?
11 load points (adjustable, first pint dedicated to closed-loop modification) x 36 RPM points (250-9000rpm).
Fuel adjustable by 0.1% MAF voltage offset.
Timing adjustable by 0.1° increments.
- Does the ECU have the ability to drive external hardware? If so, how many, and what type?
Yes, 1 extrernal 12V source.
- Will the ECU run off of the stock crank position sensor? Or will one need to be fabricated?
Last edited by 8Complex; 08-06-2003 at 04:13 AM.