View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
REX8
*** Banned ***

Member#: 24038
Chapter/Region: South East

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog View Post
Well, I can certainly try running a dedicated race pad in the back; I'm just worried about upsetting the brake balance; with the H6 rotors in back and identical compound pads all around, I can always hear the rear ABS activate before the front.

As for the front BBK -- all the paperwork definitely says WRX, not STi, but who knows. Maybe I should try going back to the stock-sized rear rotor?
Certainly don't run dedicated race pads in the rear with street pads (2500's) up front.

Try running 2500's in front, and 2500's or at least HP+'s, EBC yellow, etc. in the rear. Again, you should not be surprised that your mild street pads (Axxis Del.) are going to the backing plates after one track day. They are completely inadequate for the temps you see. You're lucky you're getting a day out of them.

Forget the bias, etc. for now. You should be focusing on step 1, proper pads, before looking further into your system. There are countless posts about guys burning through street pads at the track. You should expect nothing less.

There's a reason they wear fine on the street!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
REX8 is offline   Reply With Quote