View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
REX8
*** Banned ***

Member#: 24038
Chapter/Region: South East

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
With your current setup, how hard is it to lock up the front wheels? I'm just curious if the front brakes are pulling their weight. I can lock up my brakes at will at any speed with just the factory Brembos,decent pads and decent rubber.

Like Mav1c, my rears just don't wear. Since the fronts are supposed to be doing 70% of the braking, the rears shouldn't be wearing or getting THAT hot. I still have this sneaking suspicion that the rears are being asked to do too much because the fronts aren't pulling their weight. Something like the piston sizes being wrong so, your brake balance is WAY off.
Have you ever tracked with a rear pad like an Axxis Delux? I'm surprised they lasted the day.

Ran a set of HPS's in the rear my first track day (200 whp WRX, XP8's up front). From new to plate in 3 sessions. Ran Red-stuff on the back of an S2000's in a pinch as well. From 3/4 to plate in 2.5 sessions. Those Axxis pads are MUCH less capable than redstuff or HPSs. You should fully expect to destroy them in a hurry, at least in my experience.

Not to mention 05 WRX's are much harder on rear brakes with their auto-bias feature.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
REX8 is offline   Reply With Quote