Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #927
Luveno
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 177143
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza GT
RARE! 5MT

It's funny, there is an small but passionate group of enthusiast hatch lovers when it seems that the US market as a whole prefers a sedan. The hatch looks bloaty, not mean. To be fair, neither does the current sedan, but I'm guessing the new STI sedan will differ in appearance more than just a STI badge on the back.

It's even funnier when it is backed up with facts like "structural rigidity of the hatch style" that only hold true if are performance driving on the very, very edge like WRC (and even then engine position is more important).

I've also heard a salesman at my dealership that they'd be selling the old styles without issue. My dealership ended up selling their 3 '08 STI's to another dealership during the blowout last year after having them sit on the lot all year.

Speaking of which, that blowout should've been a sign that the platform wasn't popular outside aforementioned enthusiast group. They weren't undercutting other models like that (not even the universally reviled Legacy 3.0). And they didn't exactly pump out '09 STIs either...

Flame away...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Luveno is offline   Reply With Quote