Scooby Guru

Member#: 103068
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
11 STI sedan
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz123 View Post
If you had a chance to go back, would you go with mcgards instead? Do you find the engagement still very satisfactory and safe?

and why did you choose these anyway, seeing as they are one of the most expensive lug nuts on the market, what made you take the jump?
Sorry, I've been away from my PC.

The engagement area is the same as my stock lugs when measured, not problem for me. The contact area against the wheel is good since the lug seat is larger than the seat area on the wheel.

Why did I choose this lug?
1. They are expensive
2. The rotating seat doesn't scratch my wheels
3. The rotating seat allows for the lug torque to be from stud tension and not surface tension
4. The 17mm head is good for wheels where normal sockets would scratch the wheels if a 19mm nut was used
5. They come in extended length so I can again lower the chance of damage to the wheels from removal
6. They are pretty.
7. They are made of steel, not aluminum.

So far, I have had them on my car for 70k miles, they have some rust on the inside, but nothing to ever get them stuck. The outside is still pretty and cleans up nice. I check my lug torque at every oil change and have never had it change. I use a Digital Snap-On torque wrench.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
littlewhitewagon is offline   Reply With Quote