Scooby Newbie

Member#: 177143
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza GT
RARE! 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmaster1195 View Post
No... They got smart and listened to their rally drivers, who kept asking for a more aerodynamic and structurally sound hatchback design, as most of the cars performing so well in rallies were hatches and did so for those reasons. The five door was not an attempt to sell more cars, it was an attempt to become more in tune with actual performance and the STI's rally heritage. If anything, that deserves respect and admiration, seeing as Subaru probably knew that many of their 4D lovers would be turned away.

And concerning your previous post, if you don't care about how the car handles under performance conditions, then why did you buy a sports car in the first place???
Yep, agreed. I recall Solberg mentioning that he kinda insisted on the hatch (and then further that they should've put the engine further back).

That said, all other things being equal, you and I aren't going to notice the difference between a hatch and sedan - it's only going to make a difference at the limit. Unless you rally professionally, that is.

I stand by my statement that outside some dyed-in-the-wool enthusiasts, the market largely rejected the hatch.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Luveno is offline   Reply With Quote