Old 07-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
Element Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 54918
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
673 WHP Element
Tuning Pro Comp Engine

I'm going to jump ahead a little farther than I want to get some basic tuning information out there. The key to editing the maps quickly is to know what the shortcut keys are.

One of the most important items in my opinion is the mass edit keys. use the "arrow" keys and then the "ctrl" key to highlight a section of fuel or timing cells for instance. Now all you have to do is hit "V (divide), M(multiply), A(add), or S(subtract) )" type in a value, say 1 and then hit "enter" and that values will be added, subtracted, etc to that group of highlighted cells. Editing one cell at a time is sometimes neccessary but often you will be working with an RPM range for instance that needs to be leaned out and these keys will be the fastest way to get to your target AFR for instance.

I also always use the extrapolation keys, X and Y to smooth the maps or even to anticipate what the fuel map should be at 30 psi when I've only tuned the car to 15 psi so far. When tuning in injector pulse width the fuel map will look very linear from 0 psi all the way to 30 psi so using the "Y" extrapolation for load can really speeds tuning up. Let's say your fuel map is tuned up to 15 psi and you want to rough in the map all the way to 30 psi. Estimate what the 30 psi load cells will look like (copy the shape of the 15 psi cells but increase the fueling).

Simply highlight the 0 rpm to 8300 rpm cells at 15 psi, then all the way to 30 psi.

Select "Y" and a screen will pop up with how the changes will look.

If you like what you see hit the "OK" button to make the changes permanent.

More to come.

Thanks,
Phil
Element
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Element Tuning; 07-17-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote