Old 07-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
BLaZiNBriCkCiTy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 123325
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 STI
grey

my 06 sti has the same noise coming form what i believe is the right passenger side wheel.
i have taken it to the dealer three times since i heard the noise. the first time i heard it ( 1 year ago) i took it to the dealer and they told me my stock tires were makin the noise so i replaced my stocks with all season BFs. i still heard the noise but very faintly.
the noise grew louder as time passed so i brought it in to a friends meineke and he told me my wheels bearings seemed fine but my rear diff was making noise (either u-joints or the diff itself was noisy) so i took it back to the dealer again and they told me my rear diff was blown so they replaced it under warranty! woo hoo!!
well i still hear the noise and its getting louder by the week so i toook it back to the dealer and they told me it was my tires again. dont know how that can be possible because the tires are only a few months old. they also said my wheels bearings were ok!

now i dont know what to do and i dont feel safe driving my car :0/

any updates on this thread would be great!! let me know what your suspension techs say please
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BLaZiNBriCkCiTy is offline   Reply With Quote