Old 07-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
nate379
*** Banned ***

Member#: 217686
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
03 WRX

Default Newbie here

Well I don't see a newbie thread, but anyhow figured I would introduce myself a little so I'm not a stranger.

My name is Nate, pretty easy to figure that one out. I just picked up an 03 WRX not long ago and was told about this site. I have been tinkering on stuff since I was a little kid when my parent's got me my first tool set.

The car I suppose is just a "sportcar" thing I have going on lately. I have an off road Grand Cherokee, a high hp diesel truck, stockish 91 Talon TSI AWD and a few other non running rigs that are going to be something someday I can rebuild a pump on a dishwasher in the AM and be rebuilding a differential on a truck in the afternoon... just how I am I guess.

Hope you all can bear with my retarded questions. The last Subaru I had was a 91 Legacy a few years ago so this WRX is a bit different.

Little bit about the car.. at least what I know.
It's pretty much a WRX/STI Frankenstein.
It's a 2003, but the front clip is a 2004 STI
2.5L STI block with 2.0L heads. STI turbo (VF39 I think?)
650cc injectors, Walbro 255 pump
5 speed WRX trans from some donor car, with a stage 2 clutch (whatever that means?)
Perrin headers (guess that's what you'd call them?)
3.5" downpipe and exhaust
Lowered.. not sure how much exactly, they are adjustable height in the front.

Tuning work done by a guy named Steph... if you all know who this is, more info would be helpful.
I was told the old engine was killed because of a Cobb tuner caused a melted a piston and Steph has a different tuning system.

If any of you all have some free time, would love for you to look over it and see what exactly I need to do if anything.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by nate379; 07-26-2009 at 10:39 AM.
nate379 is offline   Reply With Quote