Originally Posted by xcdhridr
I use my iphone to do my alignments... Never tried to measure the caster... hmmm
You kids and your wacky technology
Anywho...The Toledo pro came and went. I managed to squeak out a win even though sunday when I pulled in to the staging lanes for my first run the brake pedal went right to the floor.
The car was all over the place and sometimes the brakes would work, the rest of the time they'd just lock up due to the abs going in and out. Sometimes you'd turn in, the car would buck and do what it wanted.
Turns out at the last event, I'm pretty sure, I broke the cage on the left front wheel bearing. There had been a loud pop from the left front. Even though I inspected everything
on the left front it wasn't found until Sunday morning prior to Billy's runs in SM. I think the hard 24 runs it got saturday accelerated it's demise.
I pulled it apart tonight.
The wheel movement is slightly
exagerated because I did pull some of the inner bearings out at the event site yesterday.
Once I pulled the housing I could begin to see the damage. Rollers had shifted on the inner.
And the outer bearing
I had stopped to pick up a bearing on the way home but it turns out the hub itself has 6 hairline cracks in it. The outer portion has also been destoryed.
The housing is fine since it carries a pressed in race. I'm on the hunt for some spare assemblies now. As I have nothing to reassemble at this point.
It also damaged the caliper bracket, the caliper itself and I should get a new ring for the rotor$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$