robinbrd311
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212207
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Java Black Pearl

Default Advice Needed for a recent problem with turbo

A few months ago I had to get my maf sensor retuned be cause there was a System Too Lean engine light and the car would knock around 4-6k rpm because the MAF sensor was not working correctly. The Dent Sports Garage in MA simply retuned the sensor and it worked properly up til now.

I drove my car to NY, a 3 hour drive, and it worked fine. On the way back I was accelerating quickly after a toll and the car lagged in each gear around the higher rpms. Every time after that when I had to accelerate to highway speed from a stop the same thing would happen but worse. When I got home the car was in the condition where if I started from first and floored it it would go to a bout 4 or 5k rpm then either stop there or knock and lag a lot and the engine light would flash until I shifted, and the same thing would happen in 2nd gear. (Didn't get to 3rd gear on my street)

I am guessing it is a problem with the MAF sensor again but before I go in and pay for them to work on it I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.

2004 WRX, Cobb short ram intake, turbo XS front mount intercooler, one step colder spark plugs, tuned at dent sport 15psi boost
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
robinbrd311 is offline   Reply With Quote