Scooby Guru

Member#: 6850
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
Lots of ESP cars
'06 IAG WRX & LT1 Z28s :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO View Post
Do you guys think that will happen? The WRX moving to BSP would suck, for me at least.
It would suck for a lot of us.

Frankly, the WRX has been in ESP since 2002. No one had a problem with it until this year, when Greg and I started building ours to the limit. Drew Little did run his at Nationals last year and finished 4th in ESP (but a few seconds behind the class winner).

I would just monitor Fastrack updates (if you're an SCCA member), and make sure you write in ASAP if there is a request for member comment regarding a move. The soonest it could happen would be 2011, since by the time any member comment would be requested, submitted and then acted on, the cars couldn't be moved for 2010.

The '08+ WRX, however, is on the books to be moved, only because of the turbo available on the '09. While the powers-that-be say that it's not a foregone conclusion, the fact that the 2009 Impreza 2.5GT was classed in BSP (and it's a lesser car in stock trim) to me indicates that there is very little chance the '08+ cars won't be moved. But, we can fight any other change in WRX classing tooth and nail; just make sure you bring the facts about why it shouldn't be moved (ie., how it is not the same as an STi, as too many non-Subaru people think; how similar cars remain in the class, like the AWD turbo DSMs, etc.).

Now, back to your regularly scheduled hellastupid build thread.

Karen
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CamaroFS34 is offline   Reply With Quote