View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Member#: 54918

It's really the tire budget that is so expensive for Unlimited or having to build a new car from scratch. AMS's Evo would have been down to a 1:31-32 most likely with a healthy transmission.

With the extra setup and practice day I'm pretty confident we could have run a 1:35. Given this is on pace with the Porsche I would have been very pleased with that.

To compete for an overall against the FX or the AMS EVO we would need to find another 3-4 seconds in our car. By running plastic windows and the true slicks we could drop maybe 1-2 seconds. Any more time would require some very unconventional thinking, major suspension geometry changes, relocating the driver back farther, wide body with wider tires, and maybe extending the front end so we could duct the radiator better.

In the grand scheme of things there are a few cars that can beat us but they don't always show up to the races so we win some and we loose some.

I think budget will decide if we drop down to modified or not vs staying in unlimited and refining the car. At this point I have no plans to completely over haul the car to compete with FX.

Thanks
Phil Grabow
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Element Tuning; 08-10-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote