View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #21
mjautoxer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 87399

I am not so sure about that Jon. Because of a lack of 5th gear, my slow point was actually before turn in, and was 112mph, and I was back on throttle through the apex and down the short straight there. Unfortuantely, not having 5th gear, or the ability to use 2nd gear onto the main straight really hurt us. The other issues we had that limited me to one hot lap probably also hurt a bit. I was unable to really run the car hard on the outlap, leading to probably running my only timed lap on less than ideal tire temps also. I know our top speeds by gps were a good 10-15mph slower than the FX motorsports NSX, and Rado's car, and that was on the two longer straights. I believe our top speed was actually the same as Cory's Rolex Porsche, so he was obviously driving quite well, we certainly had an advantage over him on corner exits, and I think we are just about even with him in cornering speeds. Teething pains for sure for us, but I think the potential is really very high for this car. Turning a 1:33.1 lap with one hot lap using 3rd and 4th gear is actually pretty encouraging. I don't know if we could have beaten the NSX if all was well with the car, but it certainly would have been an exciting race.

Mark
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mjautoxer is offline   Reply With Quote