Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 GMC Sierra
'13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
No one?

Oh Snap!

I have RPF-1's for AX and they've never had issues.
Nor have any of the normal STX/STU competitors I know. Wong's orange wheels were powder coated and are still going strong as the wets on McCance's ESP car. Those saw a lot more abuse than mine have.

This one failure certainly doesn't mean RPF-1s are anything to be concerned about. The number of people using them in high abuse situations and not having any failures far outweighs my one cracked wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySport Direct View Post
I dont even know what to say about that kind of fracture if there is no damage to the rim, thats just a bit uneasy to look at.

Keep us updated on what Enkei says about the fracture, as we are all quite interested on what they say could have caused the damage.
I'm expecting a call-back on Monday or Tuesday. I'll give you guys an update when I know something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Foot STi View Post
That's a fatigue crack, but in the middle of no wear. as you know. I'm scratching other od places thinking about it.

The only thing I can think of is an improperly vented casting bubble. They F'd up the mold for a lot run.

Now they have to think about the R word.
It could have been something as small as a stone chip that cracked the surface and simply took this long to propagate and snap. When one went the other took all the load and couldn't handle it.

No need for a recall if one wheel out of hundreds or thousands breaks. When you consider the physical loads a wheel sees during any given drive it is amazing they hold their shape to begin with.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote