AshJWilliams
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 189781
Vehicle:
2010 Tacoma
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelgirlWRX View Post
We have had multiple problems with our WRX including the remote entry and stereo keys not responding intermittenly (as well as total engine and turbo failure). We have broached the subject with Subaru of America - the rep I spoke with was actually pretty rude and unsympathetic. In fact I had sent in an email detailing all of the issues to them and when she called me to respond, she had not even read my email in full! Anyway, they did contact our dealer who has been helpful and seemingly sincerely wanting to fix the problem. They are trying to work up a deal to replace the vehicle with no cost to us and we are supposed to hear back in a day or two; I will let you know the results.
If you are in California, contact a lemon law attorney. I found one who works for no cost to the customer - they bill the company for their time, and they have a lot of resources to assist you! If Subaru doesn't help us get another car we're going to hire him to help us put together a demand to let us return the car, and if they refuse, you can at least typically get a decent settlement from Subaru which will offset the trade in value if you decide to get another car.
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles; it sounds like we both are in a similar situation.

I thankfully have been treated well by all representatives of Subaru thus far; they have just been very slow to respond (it feels like they are stalling as my first year period ends mid-September). Much like yourself I'm just trying to get in to a fully functional (and reliable) Subaru. I have gone so far as to determine exactly whom to contact (most likely Kahn & Associates out of Cleveland, OH) should I require a lawyer. I'm still hoping to resolve this amiably with SOA; I feel this really is best for both parties (for a number of reasons). If we can resolve it amiably then I'll be rocking a Subaru for some time, otherwise if I have to go after them I'll dump the brand indefinitely and probably end up with a Chevrolet Colorado or Toyota Tacoma near term.

Let me know what happens (via PM if necessary and of course only if you are able); I will do the same.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AshJWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote