08-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Victoria B.C., Can
2004 WRX+Ver.8 EJ207
Originally Posted by RexyGirl
If you have a somewhat round remote, with 2 small buttons, sometimes blue and orange, sometimes both grey, this is how you program your remote
(To be 100% sure you're ready just disconnect your negative battery lead and fill your washer fluid while you wait 1min before reconnecting the battery. I also turned my headlights/fans off plus had my foot on the brake pedal the whole time I did this to make it as easy as possible.)
1. Get in vehicle and cycle key to the "ON" position 10 times withing 15 seconds, meaning pretty quickly. You will hear a beep or the horn will sound. (NOTE: Sometimes you have to turn it 11 times)
(I just rocked it between the ON position and the first back position that makes the dash lights turn off. I did it ton of times really fast until the horn honked.)
2. Open and close the drivers side door.
3. Press one of the buttons on the remote
4. Open and close the drivers side door.
5. **If you have other remotes, repeat steps 3 and 4 for all other remotes
6. Remove key from ignition, you should hear a beep/honk that the reprogramming has ended
7. Test remote(s)
This worked for an 04 USDM WRX. (Notes added to help clarify.)