Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4738
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Turbo
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulwnkl View Post
O2 would be nice if that's it, though that's awfully soon for an O2 sensor to go. Also, there is an emissions warranty on EVERY new vehicle sold, and it's required to be there according to federal law. I do NOT recall the details of what's what, so review your warranty book, but my first thought is that this, as an emissions control performance issue, may be covered by that warranty. Again, check your warranty book to verify.

My own personal guess is that this is still an electrical issue, and maybe or maybe not a hard-part failure as well. Interested to hear how it turns out.
I don't have access to my warranty booklet/info, because its in the car which is at the dealer, but I did look at this webpage from the EPA, which explains what automakers must cover and the length of warranty etc, for emissions related parts:
http://www.epa.gov/obd/warranties.htm
The oxygen sensor is listed as an item that must be covered for at least 24-months/24,000 miles. It doesn't seem to be part of the required longer emissions warranty.

I'll certainly post again after I get the car back, and we see if the O2 sensor repair did the trick.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote