View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #21
icanfly
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 176929
Vehicle:
2005 STI Powered Dub
Carbon Black

Thanks for the info guys. I am not trying to get DCCD running, actually I am using a porsche 5SPD trans so I am wondering about the ECU doing "Trans Checks" of any kind. I am still trying to educate myself about how this system will work when bolted up, so I will be researching that speed sensor solution.

I don't mind the immobilizer as I have a full matched setup (keys ignition imo box and ecu ) so that isn't really a concern. It's more like, are there any little bits that I need to make sure I have plugged into the factory harness (of which I have a complete front to back uncut version)? I am running stock pedal set, stock gauge cluster, stock ecu, stock motor, stock fuel (aftermarket tank with 05 sti tank parts installed and custom fuel lines), stock A/C (wanting to remove the power steering pump but keep AC pump... anyone know the best way and the right belts to use to do this?)... I think I will be running the stock water bottle and radiator but have yet to get these parts.

Might end up getting into (but fully modifying) stock STI HID headlights. I have the projector lenses and housings but not the HID parts. I have been looking for a set of auto-level headlights from an 05 that are busted lenses but functional housings... anyone have these laying around that they want to part with and the ballasts? The lenses can be totally destroyed as long as the lights function...

thanks again for any insights / information provided...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
icanfly is offline   Reply With Quote