NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRex View Post
I got a 2.5L pan and ordered a STi dipstick. 5 qts oil in the car and it won't even register on the dipstick
If it's the pan I make, you may not be full yet. When I put the first prototype on my car it was a hair over +1 quart (~5.4 quarts). The other prototypes that are installed out there needed even more to register full (~5.5 quarts) and since the prototypes, I made a few design tweaks that would push that capacity up a bit more so I wouldn't be suprised if you could add another .5-.8 quarts to register full.

The other thing here is that Subarus are notorious for reading all over the map as far as how much oil it takes to show 'full'. There are many threads on this, and many theories on how best to check your oil (hot, cold, warm, in the dark under a full moon, etc.). I followed the OEM design to avoid the issues that other aftermarket pans have with thier dipstick adapters or universal dipstick kits.

When I do an oil change I typically check the oil a bunch of times for about a week after the change and average out the readings. When I installed this pan I started with it not showing and just kept adding until it was where I wanted. Now I know what it takes for every oil change to come.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote