Scooby Guru

Member#: 36033
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
Im not sure why someone would use any form of flash for something so complicated. When we tuned for my quad tbs we had a 4d map to get it to idle and run smoothly using the motec..
that wasnt my point.....

my point was simply, if you're gonna go that route.....why pay for it.

I have absolutely no experience with an AEM, motec or Hydra so i cant comment on the benefits or downfalls of the standalones.

I was simply pointing out that all ecutek does is make things way more complicated than necessary since you need a license to tune it and it locks out other programs (romraider) from logging when ecutek is loaded.

I had ecutek put on my 06 sti.....then tried to switch to romraider.....the only way to recoupe any cost with ecutek is to take your ecu out and sell it and then buy another one. with utec and ap you actually have an item to sell without hassling with swapping ecu's. plus ecutek locked out my logging capabilities and it also locked out obd2 readers from being able to read CEL's. Pure piece of **** IMO.

AP, ecutek and romraider are simply different graphical interfaces accessing the exact same tables.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Phatron; 09-18-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote