NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 25952
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza Coupe
w/ "Extras" :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCanuck View Post
had open source been available to me when i bought into ecutek , i would have went that route .i know its pretty much criminal that once u buy their product they pretty much own ur ecu, but alas here we are . it was one of the first question i posed when i began this build "will ecutek handle what we are about to do ?" . i still dont really see why it cant do the job personally . i know that on speed density it would be better but i already bought into the data logging / map loading set up as well as the licencing etc.
the guys at fat are wanting me to go with an AEM EMS now . i dont know if im sold on it ... any suggestions?
On all of the DBW cars, I've been able to flash a completely stock ecutek map into the ecu, and then flash over it with an AP or Opensource. You could always sell your current ECU, but ECU's with immobilizer (05 STI and newer) seem to be somewhat of a pain in the butt to sell.

I personally ditched my stock ecu in favor of the AEM for my personal setup (GT4094r, built motor, CNC ported heads, big cams...). For one it can run my 8 1000cc injectors (4 primary and 4 secondary) and seems to run better with the big cams than my stock ECU did. Overall I am very happy with the driveability. I can't speak for how easy it was to tune, but from sitting in the car with the tuner on the dyno, he seemed very happy with how it performed and how it tuned. My tuner is Tim Bailey of Surgeline Tuning.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
wrx_driver_2002 is online now   Reply With Quote