Scooby Newbie

Member#: 225500
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRB WRX Sedan
11 Mazda 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie-Zero View Post
? did u get the 2.5i premium? becuase i got mine 17,495 out the door. went thru costco but then the guy just said he'd sale it from the base price instead cuz thru costco it would take a couple days and bout 200bucks for costco..

And HOW does it get wrx power complete engine?!?!?! is the money spent on doing it worth it tho?
from what i've been reading, you achieve WRX power going N/A in the 2.5i's by doing all your bolt on mods and throwing engine management into the mix. WRX they should be referring to is POWER:WEIGHT ratio. Because the 2.5i is lighter than the wrx hatch of our current version, it takes less power to make up the difference.

From what i read, a stock WRX will dyno @ roughly 170WHP where the stock 2.5i will dyno @ around 125whp. Taking stock weights in mind they said getting our 2.5i's to roughly 150WHP will net us the same power:weight ratio needed to equal the WRX power:weight.

So from what i read, doing an intake/header/exhaust/pulley and EM will get us close to 150WHP. And please do read more in the N/A sections. If you decide just to buy an intake and slap it on without any tuning, i've read that it can make you run REALLY lean which will lead to pinging and predet which will eat the non-forged pistons we have in the 2.5i. It is said that due to emissions, the engines on the 2.5i's run a little bit on the lean side already so while adding an exhaust won't prove to be detrimental to you, i believe that adding an intake without proper tuning over the long run will have you winding up in tears over a blown motor.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by shaowQ; 10-16-2009 at 12:09 AM.
shaowQ is offline   Reply With Quote