Old 11-07-2002, 08:00 PM   #11
carrera
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 18578
Vehicle:
2002 Legacy GT Wagon
Silverthorn

Had a bad experience at Harms in Lake Geneva in 1995. Hopefully that salesman is gone now. The jerk changed the price on a trade-in when the car came in. I was helping my mother-in-law trade her recently deceased husbands low mileage Buick LeSabre on a Legacy L AWD. The car she wanted wasn't on the lot, but they said they would locate a car with the options and color she wanted, and agreed on a trade-in price for the Buick. She signed the deal and waited for the car.

When the car came in, it had a few options missing, and the price of the Sube was a couple hundred less than the price they quoted. They dropped the trade-in price about $500 and charged her list for the Legacy. I blew a gasket, and tried to walk her out of there, but my wife stepped in and told me to cool it. I will not set foot in Harms, and I tell everyone considering a Subaru about that deal.

I've had good luck dealing with Don Miller in Madison. I've bought a couple of Sube's, and a used Grand Caravan from them. The Subaru service is questionable. They always overfilled the oil, and friends of mine have told me stories about sloppy work. Luckily the Subies have been reliable and haven't needed major work. My WRX is starting to clutch shudder and I don't know if I want them to touch it. Any suggestions? Those quanset huts they use for a service facility are an embarrassment to Subaru. Surprising that they can keep mechanics. The guys in the parts department are great, always helpfull.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
carrera is offline   Reply With Quote