mRgUnN
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14115
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
WR Pearl Blue

Default Super Detailing Complete!

Dear Scooby Friends:

I have some time on my hands waiting for the boys to show up for a night out on the town, so I thought I would give everyone the 1300 mile report.

The car has 1350 miles on it. It still has that new car smell, god how I love that! I have been keeping her clean and bathed regularly. Today I decided to super detail her, I washed and waxed her, and cleaned all surfaces on the interior. I used Muguirers car detergent, Zymoil Wax, Turtle Wax bug and tar remover, Windex and newspaper, and put on RainX. Earlier I had used Son Of A Gun on the rubber weather stripping.

Anyway while cleaning I noticed some things, for one I have several nasty paint chips and one scratch that I did myself. I am not happy with the chipping seems the paint job should be a little more robust. I do not go careening down dirt roads afterall.

Also I have a lot of either bug guts or sap on the hood, had to use bug remover but it is hard to see, so I did not get it all .

However since I cleaned her up she is very BLING!

Over all I must say I still love driving my scooby, especially now that she is all broken in.

I still need to work on my 1 first gear launch, and I still seem to thud the clutch from time to time when I don't shift her right.

Two other annoyances are the water spots on the windows caused by moisture on the weather stripping.

The other is the Morrettes are not adjusted correctly. They are ok, but are not quite right, I need to get the instructions, they were missing when I took delivery. Anyone got any tips on adjusting Morrettes?

Anyway that is enough prattling on my part.

Take care everyone.

Regards,

mRgUnN

PS As soon as I get a digital camera I will post some pictures!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mRgUnN is offline   Reply With Quote