Tuner: Hill @ Agile Automotive Performance
Dyno Info: Dynapack 5000 series
Peak HP at RPM: 330.5whp uncorrected at 5350rpm
Peak Torque at RPM: 357.7wtq at 4260rpm
Baseline hp/tq for a stock Sti: typically around 245whp 250wtq 2.5L w/vf39
Target Boost: 21psi tapering to 15psi by redline
Target AFR: 11.5 tapering to 10.9 at redline
Fuel: Sunoco 93 octane
Engine/Power Modifications: Agile custom AccessTune, Cobb V2 AccessPort, K&N short ram intake w/airbox, Invidia v3 DP, Tanabe CBE, Grimspeed boost control solenoid, Walbro 255lph FP, one step colder NGK sparks
Driveline Modifications: none
Suspension Modifications: unknown
Other Modifications: unknown

This car was brought to us by a customer with all parts installed, maintenance performed and ready for tuning. The customer complained of a hesitation shortly after 4k which is visible on his baseline pull. The lower, dashed lines on the graph are his baseline at 17psi. Since he had installed the boost solenoid prior to his arrival here we began by lowering the wastegate duties by 30% to get the boost back down to the Stg2 OTS target of 17psi. No other changes were made to the mapping other than to lower the boost back to the targets as I mention above.

After establishing a solid baseline we began our tuning process. After 2 hours and 14 pulls we were thrilled with the results. A considerable amount of that time was spend smoothing the torque curve to eliminate the hesitation I previously mentioned. As you can see from the curves the engine output is now extremely smooth.

AlxSti, another customer we recently tuned, also had the exact same modifications and his numbers were also extremely good. Because the results from these two cars are so positive, I would highly recommend these parts to anyone looking for strong stg 2 numbers.

While I would not consider these typical stg 2 numbers, I think they reflect a high-quality factory engine assembly, excellent parts selection, prudent maintenance, and properly matched tuning parameters.

-Hill
www.agileauto.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Agile Auto is offline   Reply With Quote