Thanks! A few more pics of some progress:
I managed to cut the cutoff plate/shroud from the mounting plate without chopping any fingers off-lol! I think I shaved a few years off my psyche though! This can be accomplished with a dremel but I think it would take ages! I used a 4-inch angle grinder with a fresh cutting wheel. I made a few scoring passes before actually cutting the shroud off just to make sure I ended up with a nice even cut all around. This also ensured I had as level a mounting surface for the projector as possible. Notice that I also ground the chrome off the back of the projector to give the epoxy some
"key" to bite into.
Viola! one mounting plate!
After eyeballing everything to make sure I knew about where "level" was then it was time for the Kwik Set JB Weld-this stuff sets up in a big hurry so work fast! It is also supposed to be high temperature and after using some on Scott's retro I can tell you it dries rock hard!