ezod52
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 171980
Vehicle:
2009 WRX 5Dr
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipotent13 View Post
The suspension felt squirrely to me especially while rounding corners on severely rough surfaces for the first couple of thousand miles, but to me that seemed to soften up later and I don't consider it to be a problem now. I'm not sure if it was the suspension settling or if I just modified my driving style. Havv you have noticed any changes in the way the car handles after putting a few more miles on it?
can't say i've noticed much difference in the suspension yet. i'm nearing 3K. i still feel like any rough road surface around a bend unsettles the car more than it should.

Quote:
I have also experienced the same sustained revs after letting off of the gas and pressing the clutch quickly
i see some people claim it's an "assistance feature". i don't know if i buy that. my newest simple fix is to just turn up the radio until i can't hear the mystery revs anymore

Quote:
My big question: you made reference to a 'black box' for interfacing your steering wheel controls with your Pioneer deck. I have been considering making the move to something like a Pioneer AVH-P4100, and I have seen people talking about using a PAC SWI-PS for interfacing their steering wheel controls with their Pioneers. Is this what you're using, or do you have a different solution. I was reading people complaining about the delay between the time you press the button on the wheel and the time that the HU registers the command. Do you notice this with whatever solution you are using?
i have a pioneer FH-P8000BT. it's very simple, not flashy at all. i wanted a nav or dvd player but couldn't pass up an insane deal i got on this unit... plus it attracts much less attention from theives. my friend is an installer so he showed up at my house with all the install stuff we needed to put the unit in. note that a double din head unit requires an install kit in the 08+ models because the factory opening is not exactly double din as it was pre 08. why the hell would subaru do that? i happened to save the box for the steering wheel controls converter. it says "axxess integration device : ASWI-PS PID/SNY SW Interface".

funny that you mention people complaining about a delay... i do notice this from time to time. i was playing around this afternoon after i read your post. the volume seems to respond pretty quick but the mode-change button and track buttons are a little slower. i thought it was the head unit being slow but maybe it is the converter - it doesn't really bother me so i hadn't thought much about it. i never thought steeringwheel controls would be so useful. actually, i rarely touch the radio now - just maybe when i first get in to setup a playlist or audiobook from my iphone.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ezod52 is offline   Reply With Quote