Scooby Newbie

Member#: 206968
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Hatch
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck37 View Post
Yup - you're right and they may be outdated but the law is the law and they stick to it here.

In Calif., the cops block the road and only let through those vehicles with chains installed - period. Doesn't matter if you are a full on 4x4, AWD, or whatever - no chains, no go through.
Um as a new Subaru owned who used to Own a Ford Focus and goes to the MTN. to Board several times a year I have Never Personally seen a Suby stopped and forced to put on chains. They are usually waved through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck37 View Post
OK, we have debated the whole tire chain issue for years here, I know. However, I recently was talking with the Service Manager of the new Subie dealer I am going to these days about the issue, to get his perspective. I figured it would be the same old story "NO" tire chains, as per the manual due to no clearance on front axles with stock tire size, etc.....
And Also when I bought my Suby back in March they told me this same thing, Tire Chains on rear only. The Salesman said it is in the User Manuel If I forget.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote