Old 11-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #34
maxpowr
Scooby Guru

Member#: 159243
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
sg3 Turbo Tek Tuned
Hakt Ecu e85 30r 6spd

i am actually trying to research this before i build. i am new to engine building and like to understand completely before i committ. i don't completely understand where the problem lies.

far as i know head work is more like 2 grand...not 350$.

i have a set of ej255 avcs heads that match my ej257 block. i also have an 04 wrx longblock. i took it apart and cleaned the heads up.

so i am up in the air about using the ej255 heads with the wrx cams and wrx cam gears or selling the avcs heads complete and just using the wrx heads with the wrx cams.

i'm bolting on a rotated gt30r perrin kit with spec c tgv, 8mm phenolic spacer, dw750's, prodrive 3 port boost controler, 44mm tial ewg dumpt to downpipe, turbo xs parallel rails, forge 100% blow off, 3 inch turbo back, walbro 255, lightweight crank pulley,organic stage 1 clutch, borla unequal length header, wrx top mount (rotated front mount to follow), cosworth pistons, cosworth bearings, arp heads studs, arp block bolts, cosworth head gasket, ej255 rods, ej255 crank, to an ej257 block. hooked up to my 02 wrx intake manifold/harness. ecutek tune by dave at rallispec.

so i could use the wrx heads/cams/valves springs ect... on the ej257 and have a hybrid that is unreliable? i could make some decent coin off the sale of the avcs heads.

or i could use the matching ej255 heads with the ej257 with wrx cams and cam gears and what?

what would the benefits of the ej255 heads be? i have considered bigger non-avcs cams
for the ej255 heads.

i was wondering how the motor would run with small wrx cams and big late hittin turbo.

i'll be running it on an sti ra gear set so at this point i won't be tuning above 350 torque 350 horse. (plus my injectors are small)

all advice is appreciated?

did i jack this thread? sorry bro.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
maxpowr is offline   Reply With Quote