Scooby Guru

Member#: 51961
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2005 STi
2012 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI_KLR View Post
My Hallman gave me ROCK SOLID boost control.
Same here

My BCS would always leave me afraid that if I got on the gas below 3500 RPM in the higher gears I would overboost, because often it would. Cold weather would make it overboost by 5+ psi, getting on the gas too early would make it freak out and wind up the integral, then overboost when it spooled...this is after multiple revisions with a professional tuner. Then came time for the EWG and i couldn't get the BCS to do anything I wanted...it would overboost to 25 psi, then drop to 16, and stay pegged at 16 until redline despite the target being 21 and the initial and max WGDC being higher than the actual WGDC.

I installed the Hallman, made about 5 pulls to get it set right, and never touched it again. In hot weather my boost would drop by about 1 psi, but other than that it was on the nose, day after day, no matter what gear, no matter what temperature.

The only thing I might consider is adding a BCS in parallel to drop boost to wastegate pressure in the even of excessive knock, but I'll still be using the MBC to control the WOT cap.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
the suicidal eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote