View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #41
Aquamist
NASIOC Manufacturer

Member#: 110029
Vehicle:
2004 Citroen Picasso
Silver

This type of system can only mirror the flow characteristic of a fuel injector. This the same as putting a fuel injector inline of a pressuring line with water or methanol. How well each cylinder receieve equal amount of injectant will depend on the placement of the jet and the fineness of the atomising nozzle.

The location of the jet is often being discussed on various dates and forums. I can only suggest some steps to improve the even distribuition of linjectant as follows:

1) Place the jet as far away from the TB as possible to improve the mixing with the charge air along the inlet tract before entering the cylinders.

2) If droplets are allowed more time to evaporate, the smaller droplet (less mass) will improve even distribution to each cyclinder.

3) Pulsing delivery can creates gaps or pockets of injectant along the inlet tract so each cylinder may not receive equal amount of injectant during the change of RPM and load. To counter this effect...
a) a nozzle with a semi-hollow cone should be used so that the droplets travel at different speed so the gaps is filled during the journey to the cylinders.
b) two nozzle placed at a few inches apart will further minimize the injectant gaps.

I have spent some time working on this with several WRC teams during the 90s. You will find by the beginning of 2000, all wrc cars (with the exception of the French - not confirmed) have their nozzle placed very close to the exit of the intercooler. Few years on, Direct port injection is being employed but only in service for a few seasons before water injection is banned.

Please help contributing by offering your thoughts on this. I have been advising most aquamist users as we are using this mehtod of injection.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Aquamist is offline   Reply With Quote