Old 11-18-2002, 09:06 PM   #1
morgie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3836
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Black

Question How bad is it for the Engine ???

I changed my exaust for a 2.5" straight config... and was still experiencing some hesitation / lack of power probs in full throttle, from 4000 till 6000rpm..

Today, while doing some tests, i decided to disconnect the BOV from the "return/bypass" hose that goes back into the intake just in front of the turbo..

Disconnecting that hose prevent the BOV from pushing air back to the intake.. But, it also allows more air to enter into the intake, after the MAF (via that disconnected hose)... This Extra air is not calculated by the MAF, and the end result is that my engine is running Leaner air/fuel mix...

The result of that test ? WOW ! the car pulls real strong at 9-10psi and no hesitation anymore... On my Air/fuel meter gauge i get some Weird reading but a full throttle, i get like 2 leds orange, 4 leds green.. (so it is not so lean after all, but this is not so accurate i was told)....

My question is, How bad for the engine it is running with such a big "intake leak" ? could i melt a piston even if i dont get some 'not so bad' readings from the Air/Fuel ... ?

i should really get an EGT gauge... and an S-AFC i think... :\
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
morgie is offline   Reply With Quote