View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #15
Moore Performance
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 231489
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
In my honest opinion, if you want to make a header that might command that kind of price, make one that is ST_ legal but still outperforms the Cobb/Brullen design. OBX copied it and is selling them for under $300 on ebay....but it uses a non stock catpipe and is not ST legal. TWE's designs are very good as well, but again, the cat is either not there or in the wrong spot. Anything thus far that keeps the OEM cat location, has been all but useless as far as gains.

I personally am not chained to having the stock cat location, and am very much interested in a no compromise design. However, I think that for that kind of cash....one design will not satisfy the different needs for different disiplines.

Jay Storm

Jay,
You and I had talked a little bit about N/A exhaust ideas and thoughts at nationals this year and even though I drove Brian's vette I climbed under just about every wrx/sti in order to get some feedback about the exact exhaust setups guys ran on the turbo cars at national events. I built my wrx/sti exhaust with a variety of sound levels in order to beat the ever more popular sound checks at these events but I wanted to make sure the dp and catback portions could work with other factory exhaust pieces.

I would like to put together a nice header, trackpipe/catpipe setup that would use the factory locations in order to be SCCA legal, while also making power, and I would need to do some R&D to try to figure out the perfect way to eliminate the 0420 cel.

This is a tough product to build because of the specific needs and wants for street cars and race cars, and the price per HP or TQ gain in not nearly as great as the turbo motors. I have alot to think about, but I thank you for your feedback!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Moore Performance is offline   Reply With Quote