Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore Performance View Post
Currently Moore Performance has only dabbled in turbo exhaust products, but we are thinking of putting together a premium UEL header
In a word: DON'T.

The only thing you can do is to beat eBay to the bottom of the market. The Borla knock offs are all that's needed. They fit well enough, they last well enough, they sound the way everyone wants them to sound. The only thing you can bring to the party on a UEL header is a lower price.

Quote:
will come in multipe header pipe diameters. One design with smaller primary tubes will be geared toward non-built motor cars with traditional bolt ons, while the other design with larger tubes will be geared toward built motors, nitrous, etc.
This effort is wasted on a UEL design. If the customer has chosen to go UEL, they've already chosen to ignore performance. There's no point in offering headers suited to different power bands. You're not going to sell a UEL header to a guy looking for power.

Quote:
What I'd like to know is what you guys are really looking for and want, and would a price of around $650-$700 for the header be too much, even if the product would be superior to other products on the market today??
Yes, way too much for a UEL header. I think you could get an EL header in at this price point. You've got basically the OBX and the TWE in the market now. The OBX is poorly constructed, a lot of people have problems with them rusting and cracking, and they use that non-stock flange and cat location. However, they're only $300. Then you've got the TWE that last forever, are reliably made, and preserve the stock flange location (and therefore cat section). But they cost more money than god.

If you could come out with a EL header that will last, is reliably put together, and costs $6-700, I think you'd sell enough to make it worth your while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
In my honest opinion, if you want to make a header that might command that kind of price, make one that is ST_ legal but still outperforms the Cobb/Brullen design. OBX copied it and is selling them for under $300 on ebay....but it uses a non stock catpipe and is not ST legal. TWE's designs are very good as well, but again, the cat is either not there or in the wrong spot. Anything thus far that keeps the OEM cat location, has been all but useless as far as gains.
TWE keeps the stock cat (if you want). It's got the same flange location as the stock header. It's one of the advantages, as far as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Road Runner View Post
Want to do something unique for the NA market, make some intake manifolds. That's where we have zero aftermarket products in the NA market.
For that matter, what the NA market needs is a damned axleback! There's literally one company making them!

Seriously guys, make a NA axleback with mandrel bent stainless and a Borla ProXS or Magnaflow can and you guys will corner 50% of the market just by showing up. That's where the money is.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote