Scooby Newbie

Member#: 173892
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2005 OB EZ30R LLBean
champagne gold

Default I will have a dyno pull soon!

Hey everyone,

I've chosen to be quiet until after reading all the pages referring to the TD04 Tuning (low end/power/torque).

I started my GC8 quest like this: 1993 Impreza L 5spd RARE stock color: barney purple 4 door sedan (matte black hood/trunk; wingless/scoopless TOTAL SLEEPER)

EJ18 (fully broken down and sanded/polished, new seals 64K) 2002 WRX heads, TD04 turbo'ed with a SAFE daily 5psi (running atmospheric with a mesh screen), open headers (heat
wrapped), open uppipe, 3" full turbo back exhaust, HUGE front mount
intercooler, real JDM front bumper support, Forge blow off valve stiff
spring (never hear it), Rota 17" wheels GOLD with brand new all season GT tires, the rear interior has been fully tubbed out (VERY light
GC8!), I also have a made-by-custom-order 6 puck RACE STAGE clutch and flywheel made-just-for this car not installed ($1000). ABSOLUTELY NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT --- DONE RIGHT --- ONLY DRIVEN ONCE IN A BLUE MOON --- NEEDS NOTHING--- DO COILOVERS AND COMPETITIVELY TRACK ENDURO RACE HER... I just want $3500 for her.

The reason for selling is that I just bought a 1995 GF8 in matte black with FULL 2002 WRX wagen swap (driveshaft, axles, diffs, ect. ect. motor, tranny, dash, seats ect. ect. EVEN down to the carpeting!)

I knew about deadbolt so outsourced: Performance Techniques in CA http://turbocharged.com/main.htm will do the 19t upgrade BUT you can go one step further and buy their take on the Monster TD04 --- 19-T Upgrade compressor section, a # 6 A/R exhaust housing, completely blue printed, balanced, heavy duty racing style 360 deg. thrust bearing set-up with a dynamic compressor seal for extra fast spool-up.

I bought this turbo on EBAY for JUST $422 shipped!!! Try to get a VF or 16g for that price... haha

Should get some pulls on the dyno as soon as by the end of January!

Please ask me anything as I LOVE the conceptual talk on this upgrade.

AND I have successfully built my "truly divorced" DP that allows the internal WG to vent atmospherically --- LOVE rpm killer AWD torque!

Cheers,
~Wolf
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ForesterWTi is offline   Reply With Quote