View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #262
hex2bit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 135072
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 FXT, 19t-td04

I'm back from the dyno... and yeah, my expectations were a little high, but I may have a bug to work out still.

I put down 226 whp / 270 ft-lbs on a Mustang dyno, running 92 octane, and a pretty conservative tune. The turbo starts building significant boost around 2400 rpm, peaks at 3500 rpm, and then starts to tapper off after 4300 rpm. It's very similar to Steve's on the first page, just earlier. He seems to not have as quick of a drop off as me after the midrange. Given previous setups I've run and what I've upgraded, I'm suspecting my intake is restricting me in some way. None of my setups have really broken the 225 hp mark and some should have. At first, I thought it was my exhaust, which I've upgraded entirely, but since I'm still stuck, it looks like I might need an inlet pipe... which is on my todo list.

In summary, this turbo is quick spooling, with plenty of midrange power, which great for daily driving and auto-x/rally-x events. If I can sort out the restrictions I have left, I should be able to get some decent gains in the top-end with similar results to Steve's. I'm hoping my EWG setup and 2.5L would net me a little bit more than his on the top-end side.

Quick overview of car:
2004 FXT, 2.5L newly rebuilt motor (forged pistons), EWG with 1 bar waste-gate plumbed back into down-pipe, TGV deletes, STI exhaust headers with porting, full 3" exhaust with single high-flow cat in down-pipe, Hyperflow TMIC, 740cc injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, and various other supporting mods.

Dyno results:
http://www.hex2bit.com/public/19T-TD04%20FXT%20dyno.png

Video:
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hex2bit is offline   Reply With Quote