Thanks Sir Alex!

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 GMC Sierra
'13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hex2bit View Post
Also, something I've noticed with mine. My BOV never really blows off. What that means is that my engine is gobbling up whatever boost I make, thus there's no restriction after the turbo (intake, engine, exhaust) that is causing the engine to not flow as much air as my turbo is producing. This would suggest that if I have any significant remaining restriction it would be pre-turbo, such as the inlet or airbox. Given Steve is running a stock air box and just an inlet upgrade, I'm still thinking there might be some restriction with the inlet.
You have an aftermarket BOV or the stock BPV? If its an aftermarket valve I think you might have a problem with boost leak. That would explain why you don't hear the valve open and vent...its partially open under boost and leaking before you close the throttle and need it to open. That might also explain why you're not seeing the power you expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v0 View Post
I don't want much more power, and my turbo has 86k on it already... This might be the way to go.
Same here. My turbo is pushing 140k miles and I think the seals are dying as the engine is starting to burn oil and compression is still good.

I should be getting my reimbursement for unused vacation days this Friday. I'll be sending out my turbo for modification next week . I'm excited.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote