Nomadgene
Scooby Guru

Member#: 22923
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2002 EJ207 V8 1.5xtr
TWIN-SCROLL Black Bugeye

Glad that this thread has caught on.

There is a cool group that has long since broken up. They had a fairly big release back in 1991/1992 around the time "Grunge" was in full swing, just before the Nine Inch Nails, industrial techno rock genre broke big. One of the founding members died of a brain aneurysm shortly after they recorded and the remaining members went their separate ways. Many critics have called it one of the best, most complete records ever made. I remember it for my own reasons...it was a searing slice from a time in my life during a particularly rough period that got me through and out of my funk.

THE GOD MACHINE-scenes from the second story....endures. It has been out of print for quite some time....original copies fetch nearly $70 on amazon. I "re-found" it on u-tube....Best I can describe it is a cross between grunge and Pink Floyd (atmospheric soundscapes).

I gave my copy away long ago to a musician friend and have been looking for another copy ever since. If anyone has a copy or finds one...please let me borrow it to add to my database.

I will list one song...one of my favorites from the album but if you are a music buff....listen to the other tracks listed on the side. I think it would be well worth your time. Each song flows into the next like a running dialogue between the band and listener when listened to in sequence.

The God Machine-
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Nomadgene; 01-10-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote