Old 05-24-2001, 06:53 PM   #5
Tyrmeltr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 667
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX 5D
Plasma Blue Pearl

Good job with the body! Isn't always worth taking the time to do it right. I gotta get or borrow a digital camera and take pics of my R/C fleet. You all will just love it.

I've used at least 100 cans of Pactra Racing Finish trying to find the perfect prodrive rally blue (also known to the public as sonic blue mica).

I could have easily mixed and airbrushed, but I knew it could be done with cans. I also had to see the color in person, the only way I could know it was right.

I was so obsessed with it that I brought strips of lexan I painted to the L.A. Auto Show 2 years ago, when SCC's 2.5RX project was on display.

Many will know Alex Fedorak of SOA brought a can of this paint from Prodrive in England, just so it could be matched to paint the car.

Anyways , true blue pearl needs to be lighter, candy blue backed with silver is to bright. You know which sample came closest? It's so simple it's unreal. One generous coat of true blue pearl, backed with sprint white. It's almost a perfect match.

Keep us updated on the progress of the body!

Arik

P.S. Use Testors gold enamel spray paint for the wheels, then shoot them with clearcoat. Lightly sand the rims with fine sandpaper to help the paint stick. It will look fantastic!

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tyrmeltr is offline   Reply With Quote