Old 01-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #11
2.5rsDOHC
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 54820
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1998 2.4 RS-T
hybrid\stroker

yeah thats the problem there is emissons testing here in NC but its done differently county to county and mine currently doesnt have it but all the surrounding ones do and its just a matter of time before its here..

the bad thing is mx is it was running "alright" then it just slowly started to go down hill and after some down time while I custom fabbed my up-pipe to accept a ewg an just got caught up in general (aprox 2 months) by the time I tried to get it running noop nada zilch of drivability just an exremely rich sputtering idle that when the throttle was pressed would stumble between 1.5-3k irraticly

my point being is Im not even sure at this point Im dealing with an ems issue but then again Im fairly certain it is related due to process of elimination, I know I would feel alot better to try another set of injectors and go from there to see if that produces any results I was told that this could very well be my issue

its just odd how it started to "decay" the way it did and I would hate to spend what $1500 on a standalone and it be something else, Im worried also if I did it and spent the extra $500-1000 on a tune just to get emissions testing in 6 months
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2.5rsDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote