Rallytime
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4055
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sport Wagon
WRB

Quote:
Originally posted by dknv

On the Kuhmo's - my first set lasted me through 18 autoXs & a track event at Spring Mtn in Pahrump, April thru Oct. Not bad! I had them flipped midway through the season. People who saw them commented about how they were chunking (I ran them at 37/33 for most autox) but they held up for the level of driving I was doing. Of course, at Sears Pt. I pushed them much harder, and hope to be doing more track events this winter/spring, so I don't expect to get that length of wear with this set.
dknv-I think I talked to you Sat afternoon re: tire pressure. I am also on the V700's and usually run them around 45/41 hot. For the last session on Sun, I ran them at 40/41 hot at the suggestion of Ken. I believe you said the you have a pyrometer...where does that say to put the tire pressure at? My friends and I seem to feel that these tires work their best near max psi. What's you feeling for track (not autocross) psi?
Also, do you find that the middle tread section wears out faster than the outside and the inside? I think Ken has noticed this as well.
Thanks.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Rallytime is offline   Reply With Quote