View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 03:16 PM   #18
dknv
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 29258

Quote:
Originally posted by Rallytime

dknv-I think I talked to you Sat afternoon re: tire pressure. I am also on the V700's and usually run them around 45/41 hot. For the last session on Sun, I ran them at 40/41 hot at the suggestion of Ken. I believe you said the you have a pyrometer...where does that say to put the tire pressure at? My friends and I seem to feel that these tires work their best near max psi. What's you feeling for track (not autocross) psi?
Also, do you find that the middle tread section wears out faster than the outside and the inside? I think Ken has noticed this as well.
Thanks.
Hi Rallytime -
I don't have a pyrometer, but I think my BF Dean brought one. I should've check the temps, but didn't. For the track, I started in the mornings at 39/37, by end of day they were at about 43/41 at end of session. They felt fine to me all day. I'm still experimenting though. I haven't noticed wear in the middle, because I run the pressures lower for AutoX, and scrub the outside edges pretty good. And had them flipped inside out after several events.
What car # were you?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote